Laser Hair Removal
What is laser hair removal?
Laser Hair Removal is the best alternative to waxing, shaving, and other hair removal methods. Speciality medical grade lasers work by targeting the hair/pigment in the follicle below the skin's surface. The laser energy is transformed into heat which destroys the hair follicle leaving the surronding skin unaffected. Skin is left smooth, stubble free, and with less hair. Not all laser hair removal is the same as IPL lasers do not treat as successfully as a true medical grade laser does.
What type of lasers are used at Paradise Laser
At Paradise Laser, we use the world's leading Laser Hair Removal technology. Medical-grade, Candela Gentlemax Pro. This technology is FDA approved and uses the YAG and Alexandrite lasers to provide the best treatment results for all skin tones. What makes our treatment more comfortable is we have an advanced cooling handpeice used in all our laser treatments to cool your skin as we treat for total comfort.
True Medical Laser vs IPL
- Laser Hair Removal matches specific wavelengths of light and pulse duration to the hair target.
- Importantly for safety and comfort, the laser energy is focused and absorbed only into the follicle, thus avoiding the surrounding skin tissue area.
- IPL technology, AKA intense pulsed light technology is not a laser treatment. IPL uses a spectrum of light with multiple wavelengths. This means it has more unfocused energy around the hair and skin area.
- The light is like the flash from a camera which spreads over a large area, which is vastly different from a focused beam of light from a laser which does not gaurantee absoportion only in the follicle.
That’s why at Paradise Laser in Delray we do not use IPL technology for hair removal treatments, as it is not as effective or efficient treatment.
What do I need to do to prepare for my laser hair removal appointment
- Please come to your appointment with loose fitting clothing.
- Shave treatment area at least 12-24 hours prior to your treatment
- Avoid chemical peels or laser resurfacing treatments at least 4 weeks before your treatment
- Exfoliate the treatment area at least 3 days before your treatment
- Ensure no residue fake tan is present on the skin
- Avoid excessive sun exposure on the area being treated two weeks prior (including tannings or spray tan)
- Avoid using topical creams/moisturisers, perfumes to the area being treated before the appointment
- Do not wax, use depilatory creams or pluck hairs 30 days prior to treatment.
What do I need to do post treatment
- The areas treated may be red and itchy following treatment. This will generally fade in 2-3 days
- No Sauna, Steamrooms, Jacuzzi until skin is back to normal.
- No excessive sweating for 24 hours until the perifollicular edema (red bumps) resolve.
- Cover the treated area with SPF 15 or higher and avoid excessive sun exposure for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Discontinue waxing, threading, and tweezing. Replace with shaving in between laser hair removal sessions.
- Avoid irritants such as glycolic acid, Retin-A, in the area for 5-7days.
- If treating underarms NO DEODORANT for 24-48 hours.
- If minor crusting/scabbing occurs do not pick.
- Wash body area gently with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- You may use Aloe Vera, 1% Hydrocortisone, or Antibacterial Ointment to the treated area.
How many sessions will I need to see results
Hair grows in cycles. After 3-4 sessions you will see a substansial visibile hair reduction. The number of sessions will vary for each individual. After each visit we destroy 10-15% of your hair. For this reason, we recommened a series of treatments. Patients achieve satisfactory results after 6 to 8 sessions, but individual results will vary depending on genetic factors.
Can men receive a bikini or brazilian treament of laser hair removal
Yes! All of our treatment areas are designed for men and women. We can accommodate any body request. Give us a call to find out more!
Does laser hair removal hurt
Most patients report little to no discomfort during their treatments of laser hair removal at Paradise Laser.
Although some areas are more senstiive than others in less than an hour most body areas can be hair free.
At Paradise Laser, we use the Candela Gentlemax Pro, which has a built in cooling hand peice that delivers instant cool energy at the same time as the laser pulse. This ensures optimal comfort for our patients!
Can I still get Laser Hair Removal if I am pregnant
We cannot treat those who are pregnant, becoming pregnant or breast feeding. If you have purchased a package we will glady place your treatments on hold for when you can safely return.
Can I get Laser Hair Removal if I have Epilepsy?
Epilepsy sufferers are advised to consult with their doctor before trying Laser Hair Removal. Those with epilepsy must have clearance from GP prior to starting treatment at Paradise Laser.
Can I have Laser Hair Removal if I am on certain medications?
Certian medications can make you sensitive to light. To reduce any adverse reactions we cannot treat you if you have recentley taken these medications but not limited to oral and topical vitamin A's, St. John’s Wort, antibiotics, and certain anti-depressants in the last six months. Please reach out to your GP directly if you have any additional questions regarding any medication that may make you photo-sensitive.
Can I do laser hair removal over tattoos
We can not treat over any tattooed areas. All tattoed areas will be covered before we start any laser hair removal treatment.
Can I treat red, white, or grey hair
Blonde, Red and Grey Hairs have no Pigment for Lasers to Target.
It's much more difficult to remove blonde, red or grey hairs with a laser.
For these types of hair we recommened a treatment called Electrolysis. Call us directly if you have any additional questions.
What is a HydraFacial MD®?
HydraFacial MD® is one of the most powerful, non-invasive skin resurfacing treatments available today. It combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection that removes dead skin cells and impurities, while simultaneously delivering medical grade moisturizing serums and boosters into the skin!
Regular Facial vs HydraFacial®
Chances are your "regular" facial is great and all, but HydraFacial is in a category of its own!
HydraFacial is an advanced treatment that's designed for delivering visible results and skin improvement via deep cleansing, exfoliation, extraction and intense hydration.
The personalised medical grade boosters that are included with our Our Glowing in Paradise & Ultimate Glow HydraFacials® deliver gauranteed optimal boost and glow!
HydraFacial® can diminish fine lines and wrinkles, brighten uneven skin texture, fade dark spots & hyperpigmentation, combat dryness, relive congested pores, and acne. It's great for all skin types and conditions. You'll walk out with increased glowing, firm, vibrant skin. We promise!
What Hydrafacial® can treat:
♥ Lines & Wrinkles
♥ Tone & Texture
How it works
Our high-tech Syndeo HydraFacial® device cleanses, exfoliates and hydrates to remove dead, dull skin and bring brighter skin to the surface.
The Vortex-Fusion system removes debris from pores without discomfort while delivering medical-grade serum boosters to target your specific skin goals or concerns.
Our Glowing in Paradise & Ultimate Glow HydraFacials® include LightStim® LED therapy and one medical-grade booster of your choice.
Why choose HydraFacial® at Paradise Laser
At Paradise Laser we are a Syndeo Certified HydraFacial® Spa.
When choosing a HydraFacial® provider we are the #1 choice because we carry a luxurious collection of all the best boosters.
Such as the JLO Beauty Booster,
When will I see results
♥ Results will vary by patient.
♥ Skin will be immediatley hydrated, plump, and noticably radiant.
♥ Concerns such as acne and hyperpigmentation may take longer to treat and optimal results after 3-4 sessions.
♥ The best results are acheived when HydraFacial® is added to a consistent skincare routine. We recommened a HydraFacial® treatment once a month to maintain healthy glowing skin.
♥ If you wear makeup to your appointment, please come fresh faced or we'll need to remove it before your treatment.
♥ Avoid Retinol 5-7 days prior. You should also refrain from receiving chemical peels for 2 weeks prior to your visit.
♥ When scheduling, we recommend receiving this treatment 1-2 days before an event.
Post Treatment Tips
♥ Try not to apply makeup 24 hours after your service. Your skin will thank you for it.
♥Wear sunscreen post-treatment and integrate sun care into your daily routine to protect and maintain your results.
♥ You may experience some redness, but it should resolve within 15 minutes from the time of treatment.
♥ Avoid exfoliating for one week after your treatment. You may notice some dryness or flaking.